International Student Services
Davis College is committed to making your experience worthwhile by offering various services that make the transition for international students as easy as possible. Davis College will help you feel welcome, safe, and confident in your academic experience.
Davis College’s accreditation and articulation agreements make Davis College credits eligible to transfer to over 900 colleges and universities in the United States. This means that attending Davis College can open up your future education goals.
On-line Studies available. Please contact [email protected]
Reasons to Choose Davis College
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commissions
- Career-focused programs to develop marketable skills and knowledge
- Small-size classes provide more Attention and Comfort
- Hands-on experience through externship with local business
- Peer mentoring and leadership development programs
- Seamless university transfer pathways
- Active student life on campus
- Four start dates throughout a year offers great flexibility
- Center of Toledo Downton, within 40 minutes to Detroit Metro International Airport
International Student Handbook – Click Here
Become a Davis Student in 4 Simple Steps
Step 1: Submit Application
You can apply:
Submit academic records and transcripts from all secondary/high schools previously attended.
- English translations must accompany documents not available in English.
- Current high school students need to provide enrollment certificate indicating the expected graduation time
*Official documents are required to be provided no later than the end of the first year
Submit photocopies of English proficiency scores (*no more than five years old):
- 51-69 TOEFL iBT score
- 5.0-6.0 IELTS
- 36-50 PTE, or
- 75-100 Duolingo
If we determine that you are academically qualified to attend Davis but could use additional language support, we will refer you to our Intensive English program or International Foundation Program. Depending on your level of English proficiency, you would spend between one and four quarters in this program before/while taking academic courses. You would not need to take the TOEFL or IELTS again after finishing the program.
Non-refundable application fee: $100 ($75 transfer in U.S)
After we receive your complete application with required documents, we will notify you the admissions decision within two business days.
Important: You can make a payment by credit card or wire transfer. Send an e-mail to [email protected] with the student name, date of birth, amount of money and date wired.
Step 2: Receive I-20 Form
To accept our offer, you will need to complete the enrollment agreement as directed, provide below documents for I-20 form and pay $500 deposit paying towards your first quarter of tuition fees before enrollment deadline.
- A copy of your passport identification page
- Bank statement (no more than 6 months old, covering your first year of tuition and expenses)
- If the bank statement is not in your name, you must send a signed Affidavit of Support form
An admissions package will be created for you within three business days. This contains an acceptance letter, I-20 form, F-1 visa process guideline and other relevant information for your arrival.
Step 3: F-1 Visa Interview
You must present the complete admissions package to the U.S. consulate in your home country. Before you make an appointment for an interview at the U.S. consular office nearest you, be sure to pay your SEVIS and visa fee online. The wait time for an interview varies from country to country. Check the US State Department website to learn more about preparing the visa application.
Step 4: Arrival in the USA
As soon as you receive your F-1 visa, please email us at [email protected] so that we can plan for your arrival. When you enter the U.S., show the immigration officer:
- Your I-20 form
- Your passport with a valid student visa
New International students who use Davis College I-20 to enter the U.S. must:
- Check-in at orientation to activate your SEVIS record
- Enroll for and attend the first quarter at Davis College
- Present originals of: passport, visa and I-20**
**International students transferring from other U.S. schools must present their most recent I-20 instead of an I-20 issued by Davis College.
Cost of Attendance
Tuition is based on 12 credits taken in a quarter and varies according to classes and credits taken.
|Estimated Expenses||Academic Year (3Qs)||Quarter (3 months)|
|Books and supplies||$1,000||$300|
- Computer Lab (Per lab hr) $25
- Official Transcript $10
- Unofficial Transcript $5
- Intensive Language Learning Program
Intensive Language Learning Program (I.L.P.) at Davis College is an in-class instructional intensive English language diploma designed to generally assist international students who are non-native speakers to improve all English language skills they need to succeed in their academic, professional, and social endeavors. Learn more.
- University Transfer Pathway
Our 2+2 transfer program offers students an opportunity to start their four-year bachelor's degree. The transfer program provides courses equivalent to the first two years of a university degree. Students can take two years at Davis College, then transfer to a university to complete their four-year degree upon fulfilling admissions requirements. Learn more.
- Techniques and Skills in Recruitment Student Application
Are you looking to obtain a formal American college recruitment certificate? The Techniques and Skills in Student Recruitment Application course will provide you with the training to help you better serve your students. Learn more.