Davis College is committed to making student experiences worthwhile by offering various services that make the transition for international students as easy as possible. Davis College will help you feel welcome, safe, and confident in your academic experience.
Davis College’s accreditation and articulation agreements make Davis College credits eligible to transfer to over 900 colleges and universities in the United States. This means that attending Davis College can enhance your future education goals and increase your future opportunities.
Reasons to Choose Davis College
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
- Career-focused programs that develop marketable skills and knowledge
- Small-size classes provide more attention and comfort
- Hands-on experience through externships with local businesses
- Peer mentoring and leadership development programs
- Seamless University Transfer Pathway programs
- Active student life on campus
- Four start dates throughout each year offer great flexibility
- Located in the center of Downtown Toledo and within 40 minutes of Detroit Metro International Airport
International Student Handbook – Click Here
Become a Davis Student in 4 Simple Steps
Step 1: Submit Application
You can apply:
1. Submit academic records and transcripts from all secondary/high schools previously attended.
- English translations must accompany documents not available in English.
- Current high school students need to provide an enrollment certificate indicating their expected graduation date.
*Official documents are required to be provided no later than the end of the first year
2. Submit photocopies of English proficiency scores. We accept any of the following:
- 51-69 TOEFL iBT score
- 5.0-6.0 IELTS
- 36-50 PTE
- 75-100 Duolingo
- 33-50 LanguageCert International ESOL B2 Exam
- Gaokao English Subject, ≥ 100/150; ≥ 80/120;
- Gaokao English Subject, 90-99/150; 72-79/120 (an interview is required)
- Gaokao English Subject, ≤ 89/150; ≤ 71/120 (an internal exam is required)
If we determine that you are academically qualified to attend Davis but could use additional language support, we will refer you to our Intensive English program or International Foundation Program. Depending on your level of English proficiency, you would spend between one and four quarters in this program before/while taking academic courses. You would not need to take the TOEFL or IELTS again after finishing the program.
*Note: Policy updated for the spring 2023 quarter onwards*
3. Non-refundable application fee: $100 ($75 transfer in U.S)
After we receive your complete application with the required documents, we will notify you of the admissions decision within two business days.
Important: You can make a payment by credit card or wire transfer. Please send an e-mail to [email protected] with the student’s name, date of birth, date of wire, and amount of money wired.
Step 2: Receive I-20 Form
To accept our offer, you will need to complete the enrollment agreement as directed, provide the below documents for your I-20 form and pay the deposit towards your first quarter of tuition fees before the enrollment deadline. Click here for more information on how to accept our offer.
- A copy of your passport identification page
- Bank statement (no more than 6 months old with a balance sufficient to cover your first year of tuition and expenses)
- If the bank statement is not in your name, you must send a signed Affidavit of Support form
An admissions package will be created for you within three business days. This contains an acceptance letter, I-20 form, F-1 visa process guideline and other relevant information for your arrival.
Step 3: F-1 Visa Interview
You must present the complete admissions package to the U.S. consulate in your home country. Before you make an appointment for an interview at the U.S. consular office nearest you, be sure to pay your SEVIS and visa fees online. The wait time for an interview varies from country to country. Check the U.S. State Department website to learn more about preparing for your visa application.
Step 4: Arrival in the USA
As soon as you receive your F-1 visa, please email us at [email protected] so that we can plan for your arrival. When you enter the U.S., show the immigration officer:
- Your I-20 form
- Your passport with a valid student visa
New international students who use an I-20 issued by Davis College to enter the U.S. must:
- Check-in at orientation to activate your SEVIS record
- Enroll for and attend the first quarter at Davis College
- Present original passport, visa and I-20 documents**
**International students transferring from other U.S. schools must present their most recent I-20 instead of an I-20 issued by Davis College.
Transfer Credit to Davis
You may transfer credits obtained from previously attended institutions to Davis College. Approval of previous credit will be determined by the Davis College academics department upon receipt of your official transcripts. However, transfer credit has no impact on your Davis College admissions decision. If your transcript is obtained from an institution outside of the U.S., or it is not in English, we suggest sending all your documents to an accredited evaluation service to have them send the translation and report directly to Davis.
For your reference, here is a list of evaluation services you can choose from. We recommend IEE, the first link, as it charges less, its turnover time is short, and it sends e-reports directly to Davis.
Cost of Attendance
Tuition is based on 12 credits taken in a quarter and varies according to classes and credits taken.
|Estimated Expenses||Academic Year (3Qs)||Quarter (3 months)|
|Books and supplies||$1,000||$300|
- Computer Lab (Per lab hr) $25
- Official Transcript $10
- Unofficial Transcript $5