Get the Skills to Become a Business Management Professional
24 Month* Business Management Career Training in Toledo, OH
The graduate will be qualified for a management position in a variety of organizations. Students are provided with the skills necessary for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling activities that will lead to the effective fulfillment of organizational objectives.
Students also develop a foundation in accounting, marketing, management, written and oral communication, and leadership through simulations, group activities, discussions, and lab work.
Business Management Skills You’ll Get
Upon completion of the Associate of Applied Business degree with a major in Business Management, the Davis College graduate will be prepared to:
- Identify and assess current business situations and resolve problems within a variety of business settings.
- Apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to complete the accounting cycle manually and prepare financial statements.
- Articulate traditional and contemporary management theories and apply these techniques to real-life situations.
- Develop an understanding of how to satisfy consumer needs utilizing the marketing mix that facilitates exchanges.
- Use oral and written communication skills to interact effectively in the work environment.
- Apply the principles of the General Education Core and the Business Core.
Assessment of Student Learning
When a student has completed the Business Management program, he/she will participate in an interview with the program director. This interview will focus on assessing the skills to ensure the program objectives have been met, and that the student possesses the necessary skills for business positions.
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out! Take the Davis College “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
This fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.
Business Management Associate Degree Program Outline
|Course Number||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|ACC101||Accounting Principles I||4|
|ACC102||Accounting Principles II||4|
|MGT102||Introduction to Business||5|
|MGT250||Business Management Externship||3|
|MKT206||Principles of Selling||4|
|——||Management Marketing or Real Estate Elective (MGT MKT or REA)||8|
|MTH102||Introductory Algebra I||5|
|IDS110||Forum on Technology and Resources||5|
Total Program Credit Hours: 91
Is a Rewarding Business Management Career Right For You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in discovering a rewarding Business Management career and exploring whether Davis College is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
For immediate questions, call 419-473-2700.
*Program length when completed in normal time.