Intensive Language Learning Program
ILP At A Glance
ILP is an intensive language learning program that is offered by American Learning Advant-edge (ALAedge) at Davis College. It is designed based on solid scientific theories in the field of teaching English as a second/foreign language where brain-based approach is utilized to maximize the students’ learning experiences.
The ILP is where the students find the true joy of acquiring academic and social English skills in a context that is relevant and theme based while improving their creativity, analytical, and problem-solving skills. For ultimate language learning experience, technology and mobile learning are also utilized in the program.
The ILP classes meet five days a week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for in- class instruction and activities, while Friday is generally designated for learning through gaming and extracurricular activities. Students attend 5 hours of class instruction on Monday through Thursday.
On Fridays, students must attend 3 hours during which they are engaged in gaming activities of their interest as an avenue to apply language knowledge learned through the week, learn from one-on-one tutoring sessions, or benefit from conversation partners’ communication activities.
Furthermore, students are sometimes offered field trips and involvement in diverse public community events to enrich their communication and social skills. The ILP offers six instructional terms each year; each term is eight weeks long except the summer term, which is only four weeks long.
Students should attend the five terms offered to successfully complete the full program and be rewarded the certificate of completion. The summer term is optional should the students choose to complete one of the elective courses. However, students have the options to complete parts of the program if they only seek improvement in their English language skills.
Academic Success English
- Level 1:
- Blended Speaking and Listening 1, Blended Reading and Writing 1, Applied Grammar 1
- Level 2:
- Blended Speaking and Listening 2, Blended Reading and Writing 2, Applied Grammar 2
- Level 3:
- Blended Speaking and Listening 3, Blended Reading and Writing 3, Applied Grammar 3
- Level 4:
- Blended Speaking and Listening 4, Blended Reading andWriting 4, Applied Grammar 4
- Level 5:
- Blended Speaking and Listening 5, Blended Reading and Writing 5, Applied Grammar 5
Next Program Start Dates
- Aug 21stIntensive Language Learning Program - Session 6: Intensive Language Learning Program - Session 6 Davis College - Davis College Four Seagate, Suite 202, 433 N. Summit Street Toledo OH USA 43604 Intensive Language Learning Program (I.L.P.) at Davis College is an in-class instructional intensive English language diploma designed to generally assist international students who are non-native speakers to improve all English language skills they need to succeed in their academic, professional, and social endeavors.https://www.daviscollege.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/iap-hero.jpgDavis College
- Summer (Optional for current students*): July 11 – August 5, 2022
Expected Annual Costs
These numbers are subject to change and should be used as an estimate. Books and supplies, housing and meals are all estimates and may be higher or lower. Medical insurance reflects the suggested insurance plan. These costs may also be higher or lower depending on the coverage selected.
- Tuition (8 Week Session): $2,500
- Application Fee: $100 (no refund)
Please feel free to contact us at [email protected].