Get the Skills to Become a Medical Assistant
1 Year* Medical Assistant Career Training in Toledo, OH
The Medical Assisting program prepares the students for employment in medical offices and clinics as part of the health care team. Students will study both administrative and clinical procedures.
Medical Assisting Skills You’ll Get
Upon completion of the Medical Assisting Diploma program, the Davis College graduate will be prepared to:
- Assist physicians with various patient examinations, medical procedures, minor surgeries, and administration of medications.
- Follow prescribed safety procedures in all areas of the medical office.
- Perform various administrative responsibilities in the medical office (telephone calls, appointment scheduling, EHR documentation, etc.).
- Demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology; anatomy and physiology; and diseases, disorders, and
diagnoses of the human body.
- Use oral and written communication skills to interact effectively with patients and coworkers in the health care setting.
- Demonstrate professional conduct with patients, coworkers, and other health care professionals.
- Perform procedural and diagnostic coding.
- Meet requirements to take the RMA certification examination.
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out! Take the Davis College “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
This fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.
Medical Assisting Diploma Program Outline
|Course Number||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|MED106||Introduction to Medical Professions||4|
|MED114||Basic Billing and Coding||4|
|MED118||Anatomy and Physiology A||4|
|MED119||Anatomy and Physiology B||4|
|MED132||Electronic Health Records||2|
|MED134||Practice Management Software||2|
|MED138||First Aid & Emergency Preparedness||3|
|MED139||Introduction to Clinical Procedures||4|
|IDS110||Forum on Technology and Resources||5|
Total Program Credit Hours: 55
Is a Rewarding Medical Assistant Career Right For You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in discovering a rewarding medical career and exploring whether Davis College is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
For immediate questions, call 419-473-2700.
*Program length when completed in normal time.