Get the Skills to Become a Medical Billing and Coding Professional
1 Year* Medical Billing and Coding Career Training in Toledo, OH
The Medical Billing and Coding program prepares the students for employment in medical offices, clinics, medical billing companies, and insurance companies as part of the health care team. Students will be instructed in administrative skills using a practice management and electronic medical record program. Students will analyze medical records, assign codes for procedures, services, and diagnoses for reimbursement purposes.
Medical Billing and Coding Skills You’ll Get
Upon completion of the Diploma in Medical Billing and Coding, the Davis College graduate will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology; anatomy and physiology; and diseases, disorders, and
diagnoses of the human body.
- Demonstrate proficiency and knowledge of CPT, ICD, and HCPCS.
- Perform various administrative responsibilities using a practice management program including electronic health records.
- Use oral and written communication skills to interact effectively with patients and coworkers in the health care setting.
- Demonstrate professional conduct with patients, coworkers, and other health care professionals.
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out! Take the Davis College “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
This fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.
Medical Billing and Coding Diploma Program Outline
|Course Number||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|MED106||Introduction to Medical Professions||4|
|MED114||Basic Billing and Coding||4|
|MED118||Anatomy and Physiology A||4|
|MED119||Anatomy and Physiology B||4|
|MED122||Coding and Applications A||4|
|MED123||Coding and Applications B||4|
|MED132||Electronic Health Records||2|
|MED134||Practice Management Software||2|
|MED215||Advanced Billing and Coding||4|
|IDS110||Forum on Technology and Resources||5|
Total Program Credit Hours: 41
Is Rewarding Medical Billing and Coding Career Right For You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in discovering a rewarding career in healthcare and exploring whether Davis College is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
For immediate questions, call 419-473-2700.
*Program length when completed in normal time.